Friday, March 13, 2009

Small Wonder: Cherished Moments on Video

I used to scrapbook. I did! When my oldest (8 years old!) boys were babies I made page after page documenting their growth and development. I have 2 large albums that take us up to their 3rd Birthday. That's when it all came to a screeching halt. What happened? My husband bought our very first DIGITAL CAMERA.

I tried and tried to wrap my scrapbooking brain around the idea of choosing from the now thousands of photos stored on our hard drives, uploading them to somewhere, printing them and then creating scrapbook pages with them. It should not have seemed impossible, but it did. It was the birth of a third child that forced me to face my scrapbooking fears and search for the solution.

My name is Shawna, and I create Video Scrapbooks. I have actually been editing videos of my children since they were babies. In their first year we recorded 17 hours of video on mini-VHS tapes which I watched and edited down to a 5 minute vignette. Oh, how times have changed.

Now, every minute of video recorded is digital, loaded directly into my hard-drive, and I not only create videos of my family, but I do it for a living. Photos, video, music and mementos edited together to capture memories.


I look forward to sharing WAHM experiences with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment