Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hello!

My name is Tammy, and I run a Montessori preschool from my home. It is crazy busy, but so much fun. I have two young daughters as well and am a single mom, so my days seem non-stop sometimes. I started my business 3 years ago, after spending a couple of years training and doing tons of professional development. I love working from home and being able to get my children off to school and to be there for them when they get home. Because I teach full time, and parent full time, and do all the pencil pushing etc, I usually feel like I am coming from behind. I have found a great accountant who is taking care of my books for me, she is a godsend. I also get to put my girls to work cutting and pasting and helping me choose just the right craft projects, I get to test them out on them first. I just finished reading a great book called The Power of Focus that gave me some great insights- one of the things I realized is that I need an assistant! But I need to get my business going at a higher level before I can afford one, so for now I am the captain of the ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment