Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Goodbye Slump!

It has seemed to me, over the last few weeks that almost EVERYONE I have encountered is in a bit of a slump. Maybe it is the last, lingering days of winter, the longing for spring to arrive, the economic negativity, or a combination of many things. This dreaded "slump" also crept up on me, and climbed onto me like a monkey on my back. I was feeling cranky & downright blue, so everything in my life began to appear that way too. I knew it, those around me knew it & I felt powerless to stop it. And being a usually positive, upbeat person, when I was down I was draggin' everyone in my immediate world with me.

Well, what better day than St.Patrick's day, when there is luck to be had by those savvy enough to find it, to drop that slump like a bad habit & turn things around! It was as simple as smiling at the world when I got up this morning & making the decision that I was TIRED of being grumpy. So I smiled at the first people I see every morning, & the most important part of my world, my beautiful children. They smiled back. And so began the day, of smiling at everyone I have passed. May sound cheesy, but it works. Like a mirror reflection, you get back what you put out there.

And you know what? This afternoon, I got confirmation that a HUGE project I have been working out, has panned out. Maybe it has nothing to do with my choice to be positive today, but I like to think that it does!
I am sending you all the positive energy & smiles today....I hope it makes your day a little better! ~~~~~~~~~

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment