Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Pampered Chef ... The Life!

Ooohh.... this is exciting, this is the first time I have ever "Blogged"!



I have a husband, and 2 kids. My Son is 12 and just started Jr. high this year, and my Daughter is 9 going on 19 and is under the impression that my husband and I are her "Staff" rather than her parents. I would love to hear from others who have this same issue with their little "Diva"..LOL.

I also have a cat that eats us out of house and home. He is old and senile and thinks we never feed him.... even if we just did.



So over the years with TPC, I have always considered it my way to get out and meet people while having fun and making money as well. I guess it isn't really like working, if it was, there is no way I could do it since I also work 9am to 3pm every day in an office. And not just any office, I am the Admin assistant at my Father in laws company for the last 4 1/2 years. If any of you out there work for your parents or inlaws, I am sure that you can relate when i say that if they weren't my family and If I didn't love them, i would NEVER put up with what i put up with there. LOL.



BUT I am always happy to have a cooking show booked and it just brings me back to one of my happy places after a hard, annoying, stressful day at the office.

I only do a max of 2 cooking shows a week, but that is all it took to earn trips to Mexico, Paris, Aruba, now I am working for a trip for 4 to Disneyworld next year.... my kids are VERY excited. And what a way to get complete family support for my biz!!



This last week, I had the kids and the husband working at a trade show for me (I was the organizer) hubby claimed that he couldn;t find his "Pampered chef" shirt before he came to help.... LIAR. I found it exactly where I told him it was. I will get him on the logo wear bandwagon soon enough...



BUT I am really happy that they are all with me on this. I think it is the prospect of Disney world that has them hooked. The 2 cooking shows I did this week were easier to prepare for than ever since my kids stamp my catalogues for me, and stuff them with order forms before I leave.... its awesome.



I have a theme show that is called "kids in the Kitchen" that my daighter loves to come to. These are the only times i really let her tag along because she would then be the "mini consultant " who the other kids can relate to. It is funny to see, she gets all proud and acting like a consultant. When she was a toddler, she used to say " I wanna be a hampered sef, nike Mommy"...LOLOLOL. I still think of that when I see her at shows, so cute, my little Diva.



I try to have one day a week when i go to my favorite Coffee place (second cup on 13th ave and Centre street N) to get some work done without all the noise and craziness of my house. I make host coaching calls or call consultants on my team to coach them and I usually send out an open invitation to all of my contact who have ever expressed an interest in joining my business to just show up there between 7 & 8pm if they want to learn a little more. Every once in a while I will have someone show up and we will "Interview" eachother about the biz.

This week when I did that, my Husband and Daughter showed up there to sit with me, promising not to make any noise if I am on the phone or talking to someone (My son had just been dropped off at his drama class). I had someone show up who wanted to become a Pampered Chef consultant and we started talking and i was in complete disbelief that my Daughter sat there so quietly and never interupted even once. It helped that she was apparently so enthralled (is that how you spell that?) with what we were talking about that she just sat there watching us and listening.... I think I may have recruited my daughter that night..LOL.
And of course the nice lady who came to se us as well!

I love this business, and I am happy to be able to share my life working a day job and running my home based business at the same time, with all of you!
I don;t know if anyone will find ANY of this intersting, but I will continue to update you with my life.

e-mail me if you want any info about TPC or if you just want to chat about other stuff... I love making new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment