Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day From The Signing Mom



Hello Everyone! I am so excited to be contributing to this blog. I am a certified WeeHands and Sign2Me Baby Sign Language Instructor. I have been teaching WeeHands baby sign language classes for almost 2 years. I feel it is such a wonderful thing to communicate with your little one having signed with my babies.


I recently started a new on-line business venture called "The Signing Mom Store". I will be retailing sign language products for the family as well as sensory stimulation, speech motor, and baby sleep products.

Fun St. Patty's Activity with your Little One: Catch the Leprechaun
This was a tradition with my family when I was little. We would set up a trap to catch the leprechaun because if you caught him, you would be extremely lucky. It makes St. Patrick's Day more kid-friendly, like the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus. Let your children get involved with the whole trap making process.


Gather some materials to make a trap for the leprechaun. I would recommend: a large bowl, large stick/marker, string, and a tasty treat (ie. mint oreo cookie).


Tie a piece of string around the cookie as well as the large stick.


Place the large stick upright while balancing the bowl on top, with the cookie below the middle of the bowl. It should resemble something like a trap.


When the children go to sleep, remove the stick holding the bowl and place chocolate gold coins underneath (you may also want to eat the cookie!).


In the morning when your children are up, have them look under the bowl to see if they caught the leprechaun. When they find the gold coins, tell them that they did not catch the leprechaun but he left some of his lucky treasure behind.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. My kids are too little yet. Next year!

    ReplyDelete