Monday, June 8, 2009

Renovations of the Soul

We are renovating.


We attempted an en suite bathroom renovation three years ago. It’s still ongoing. I doubt it will ever be done.


So now, we’re doing the main floor, but we learned our lesson, and this time we’re hiring it out. New floors, new paint.


I don’t like renovating. I don’t even like houses - too much work for shelter. I’m not houseproud, I don’t like decorating, and I don’t really care about style and fashion. However, the kitchen floor is coming off, their are nail-pops in the living room, and the wall-paper is peeling. It’s time!


While the kids and I sat there scraping off the wallpaper in prep for painting next week, I thought about how house renovations are much like soul renovations.

Read more here: www.PraiseWalker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment