Monday, September 7, 2009

Eat Fat to Lose Fat?!!!

I've been spending a LOT of time researching nutrition. In addition to reading dozens of books from the library, I'm reading lots of magazine articles, and actually taking some nutrition courses.

It's a very confusing topic!

I think that part of the problem seems to be that most people who create weigh loss plans have only half the info, and build whole principles out of misunderstood facts. I also think that nourishment as God planned it, is much more complicated than we like to think. An apple isn't just an apple. Everything works together in synergy, and if we remove bits from the apple (the parts we think are beneficial) we aren't getting the whole synergy.

As I study books by actual, trained nutritionists - folks with at least a couple of doctorates in nutritional research - I am continually stumbling upon some interesting things. One of them is the idea that we need to eat fat to lose fat.

Now, I knew that we were on dangerous ground when we started feeding our kids skimmed milk and low-fat products because research has shown the importance of saturated fat for developing brains. However, I didn't know that saturated fat was important for weight loss!

Some of the books I've been studying that advocate this are "The Maker's Diet" by Jordan Rubin, books by Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades, and the "The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution" by Frederick Hahn.

Interesting.

Now this morning I find a new post about it on Tim Ferriss' fascinating blog.

Not sure where I am on all this, but it's very interesting, and they seem to have some rather compelling research to back it up.

Check it out, and let me know what you think!

Happy walking!

Darlene
www.PraiseWalker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment